Sound Card Recognized but No Sound

Terry R Linhardt linhardt at swbell.net
Thu Oct 28 03:52:12 UTC 2004

This involves FC3, test 3.  My sound card is recognized, but I do not
hear anything. I had previously installed both Fedora Core 2 and Core 3,
Test 1, and the sound card was recognized and functioned properly.

The system "sees" AC'97 Audio Controller,  with Module snd-intel8x0.

I tried running the command "system-config-soundcard" from the command
line. Besides a GUI interface to test the sound (again, no sound), I got
the following messages in the terminal window:

    Warning: rate not accurate. Requested  44100 Hz, got 48000 Hz.

     and then:   aplay: pcm_write:1115    write error: input/output error

Any help or guidance?  As I said above, I'm puzzled especially since I
never had a problem with prior versions of Fedora. (And if I boot XP,
the soundcard is functioning properly).

Terry