Netapplet

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 13:46:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:36 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Are you asking why a person might want to use 2 different static IP addresses?
> They may have different static IP addresses in 2 different locations.
> I do.
> What is an "edge case"?
> Why on earth would a system like this restrict you to a single IP address?
>
> Anyone would think you were trying to solve Einstein's field equations.

Ok, I understood his question to be "at the same time" with two wireless
cards, but I guess that's wrong?  Of course I understand the need to
have different static IP addresses at different times, I don't dispute
that at all...  NetworkManager right now does not support having
multiple interfaces "active" at the same time, which is what I though
Peter was referring to.  That's the edge case here (IMHO), not static
IP.  Sorry if I misunderstood.

Dan