Issue in glibc in FC3T3 ?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Fri Oct 29 15:32:05 UTC 2004

I know everyone has worked hard on scheduling, etc and I appreciate all
they've done.  I'd just love to see process have a "throttle" attribute
such that they are limited to how much of various resources they are
allowed to consume.  (Maybe this is already in the new schedulers ?)  It
would than be nice if cron jobs had a throttle parameter.  (I know about
nice.)

There would be nothing wrong with cron jobs such as prelink running at
10 to 30% cpu for 10 minutes or so.

Prelink just ran on my new fc3rc3 installation.  It took about 5 minutes
at high CPU usage.  I believe this is the first time it ran on the new
installation.  I can't say if yesterday's episode was warranted or not.
I'll assume it was until I see something that appears out of the
ordinary.

Kim