fc3test upgrade to fc3 final

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 20:47:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Petr Fischer wrote:

> can I upgrade from Fedora Core 3 Test 3 to Fedora Core 3 Final _without_
> _problems_ in future with Yum?
>
> I can't wait for FC3 final release and FC2 kernel has some problems with
> my ASUS board.

(a) Test releases are meant for testing only (which means you can't count
on them to remain useful when final releases come around)
(b) upgrading via yum is not supported. Sometimes it works, sometimes it
doesn't.

With those caveats in mind, an upgrade via anaconda *probably* will work
(it did for me).
-- Elliot