Install "Askmethod" support for a USB or Firewire drive ?

Graydon graydon at epiphyte.net
Fri Oct 29 23:08:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:48:55AM -0600, Kim Lux scripsit:
> As it is right now, users have to download the ISOs, then burn disks,
> then verify disks, then install from them.  This is a slow process if
> one is using a 4x CDRW disk in a slow CDROM drive.

Dump the isos to a partition -- I have one usually called /iso for this
purpose -- and burn the rescue cd image.  (or try sticking that on a USB
key.  I have one, work-necessary, key, so I haven't tried this.)

Then use 'linux askmethod' and 'hard drive' for the install.

Saves on CDs something considerable, especially if the rescue image (or,
historically, the first CD) is going on a rewritable.