Nvidia Riva 128

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sun Oct 31 19:58:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 23:56 -0400, Phil Savoie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an old dell Dimension XPS R400 using the Riva 128  nvidia video
> built-in card.  I can't seem to get FC3T3 to properly configure the video.
> It says that it can't find any screens and to be honest, I don't know where
> to look to find how to configure the video.  Any help would be really
> appreciated.

system-config-display

If that doesn't work, try using the --noui switch to it.  Afterwards,
look in /etc/X11/xorg.conf for the configuration.

There is a manpage describing this file:  man xorg.conf

Google for configurations for Riva 128 cards that work, I'm not
confident the 'nv' driver supports it still.  If not, the generic 'vesa'
driver should.

--
Andrew Farris (lordmorgul) <andrew at andrewfarris.com>
- CPE student, Cal Poly SLO, pgp keyid 4430F405 pgp.mit.edu