[vsftpd] config changes not giving expected results

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Sep 4 18:28:45 UTC 2004

Using newest (on rawhide) vsftpd, I'm finding that making certain
config changes is not giving the expected results.

This may be no different than earlier verisions.. I don't know because
these changes were only tried recently.

In the past I've had vsftpd.conf setup to allow anonymous login in and
anymous upload and dir creation.  With that setup I've discovered only
recently that anonymous user cannot delete anything.  I guessed it
might be related to umask but changing the default (077) to 022 has
had no effect.

Can anyone see what is missing from my config below that would enable
an anon user to delete stuff?

Also these newly added things  seem not to have any affect either:
anon_root
dual_log_enable

With the set below my anon user cannot delete anything and is not put
in /var/spool/ftp/pub on login. (Note: I've tried setting anon_root to
just `pub' as well)

My current settings with likely candidates shuffled to the top:
anonymous_enable=YES
anon_upload_enable=YES
anon_mkdir_write_enable=YES
anon_other_write_enable = YES