yumming up down to for loop

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 7 04:47:58 UTC 2004

seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> writes:

> I'd like to remind everyone the PURPOSE of a test release is to get
> tests and bugs.
>
> If you encounter a problem like this it is either:
> - a packaging bug
> - a bug in yum
> - a bug in rpm

Seth, not to put too fine a point on it, but so far you have
redirected the subject twice... fussed about a typo that was very
clear in intent, and have yet to say ONE WORD about the subject.

If you don't know a way to cache the read that happens on each
invocation of yum, its ok to say so.  But why keep dancing around
injecting some new subject.  You could as well post reminders and the
like to your own thread.  Or if you have other subject to discuss,
start a thread about them.  Why do you insist on derailing my subject?

There may be someone here with an idea how to do what I asked about.