yum update fails due to missing repomd.xml files

Stefan Rotsch linux at stefanrotsch.de
Thu Sep 9 12:44:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

this is the first time I'm trying to update my system after the yum
metadata changes. I downloaded and installed yum 2.1.3, but running "yum
update" fails:

---
# yum -d 9 update
Yum Version: 2.1.3
COMMAND: yum -d 9 update
Installroot: /
Setting up Update Process
Reading Local RPMDB
Setting up Repo:  development
Baseurl(s) for repo:
['http://download.atrpms.net/mirrors/fedoracore/development/i386/',
'http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-core/development/i386/']
repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: development
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from development: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
---

I've also checked download.fedora.redhat.com, which doesn't seem to have
a "repodata" directory.

What am I missing to get my system updated? Any help would be
appreciated!

Regards,
Stefan