FC3T2 candidate

Thu Sep 9 19:20:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 21:58 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Gregory Woodbury wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 08:15:32PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
> > This eth0 not getting an IP address is bugzilla #132038
> >

> Thanks for the information. This sounds like what could have caused
> Phil's network connection problem. (All is well, except no inet address
> issued or recognized, trivial, but important!)

Don't think that's my problem.  See #131293 for details, but seems more
like a driver-level problem.  Errors are continuously generated starting
during boot, as soon as eth0 (3Com Corporation 3c556B) is activated:

eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status ff status ffff.
  diagnostics: net ffff media ffff dma ffffffff fifo ffff
eth0: Transmitter encountered 16 collisions -- network cable problem?
eth0: Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another device?
  Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 0(0) current 16(0)
  Transmit list ffffffff vs. 118b8200.
... lots more suppressed ...

Encountered similar problems with FC2 (kernel-2.6.6-1.427 and later)
which could be worked around by booting with acpi=off - that no longer
helps with kernels 533...541.

Phil