Crazy question regarding refresh and X

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sun Sep 12 04:12:01 UTC 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 21:46, JC wrote:

> What are some thoughts regarding this setting that is not set
> high enough? Should this be a bug marked against
> system-config-display or xorg-x11?

Well, for whatever it's worth I forced my box to operate in 16
bit/DRI=no mode.  I didn't see any refresh problems like you've
been describing, but then, I didn't get a long time to play since
the system locked up after a few minutes of operation.

I don't know if my methodoly of forcing the mode was really by the
book or not; remove the DRI section of the config file and remove
the "load dri"  module line, so take this report with a grain of
salt.  If you know of a better way to accomplish this I'll be happy
to give it a shot if it'll help.

Regards, Mike Klinke