Crazy question regarding refresh and X

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Sep 13 13:28:55 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 06:37, Jim Cornette wrote:

> After learning more about resolution, depth, DRI and using
> configuration tools vs. editing settings manually. I now plan on
> testing this with an 845 Graphics Controller on another computer.
> I hope this bug is not system-independent. This uses the i810
> driver and was actually fixed with the CVS version improvements,
> prior to these planned tests. I plan the tests with rc2 for FC3T2
> installation discs.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> system-independent, adj.:
> 	Works equally poorly on all systems.

That should be an interesting set of tests.

Another factor may may be the revision of the Graphics Controller.
If I'm not mistaken, you and someone else with the same symptoms
are using a controller identified as rev 2, while I am using rev
11; (82815 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller] (rev 11)).

Just as a side note, I rolled the Xorg* stuff back to the 903-5
package set and the 24 bit problems went away for me.

Regards, Mike Klinke