Obtaining 2.6.8-1.541 source code

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 14 05:42:29 UTC 2004

Some background - I'm running FC3-test on an Asus M6BN laptop. This
means the only option to get my modem and wireless card working are the
drivers from Linuxant, which means I need 16k driver stacks.

And that works fine - I'm currently running a patched 2.6.8.1 kernel,
based on the kernel.org tarball.

However, what I would prefer is to start with the source code and
.config used to build the current FC3 kernel.

`yum info kernel` shows 2.6.8-1.541 living in the `development` repository.

`yum info kernel-source` shows only a 2.6.6 kernel version, living in
`fedora-updates-testing`.

The 541 src RPM from fedora.redhat.com drops a vanilla tarball, and a
collection of patch & config files into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES, but
doesn't seem to give any guidance on combining those into a given kernel
version. I would assume it is important to at least apply the patches in
the correct order (which may or may not be alphabetical order).

Am I missing something obvious here?

Cheers,
Nick.