Problem burning FC3T2 x86_64 DVD ISO

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 06:43:31 UTC 2004

I am having a problem burning the DVD ISO for x86_64 on an FC2 x86_64
machine.. cdrecord complained that data may not fit on a current disk,
which I overrode by specifying -ignsize. For some reason, it then
thinks that I am writing a CD instead of a DVD, and then failed with
the following:

Starting to write CD/DVD at speed  13.0 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
trackno=0
Turning BURN-Free off
cdrecord: Success. reserve track: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  53 00 00 00 00 00 24 6D E2 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x24 Qual 0x00 (invalid field in cdb) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 200s
cdrecord: Cannot open new session.

This is on both a DVD-R and DVD+RW.. the former unbranded, the latter
came from the manufacturer (Lite-on). Note it was trying to burn at 13
speed, that's higher than the max write speed of the drive when using
DVD+R media (with DVD-R it's 8x, and my blank media was 4x capable)

Has anyone managed to write the x86_64 ISO successfully, and with
which version of which tool? I managed to burn the i386 DVD ISO just
fine, FWIW.

Thanks in advance,

--
Michel Salim 林智勇