evolution 1.5.94 doesn't import mail from evolution 1.4.6

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 20:55:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 13:55 -0500, Martin wrote:
> (apologies if this is a duplicate).
>
> I upgraded to FC3T2 and along with that got the 1.5.94
> evolution.  During the first launch, it didn't prompt me to import my
> 1.4.6 evolution email folders. file->import allows me to import folder
> by folder but that's going to take too long.
>
> Shouldn't it prompt me when I first use 1.5.94 to import previous
> folders and filters?
>
> I  used earlier earlier version of 1.5 when it was briefly
> in rawhide earlier this year.  I wonder if that's why it's not
> prompting to import old folders?

Run gconf-editor and have a look at /apps/evolution.  You should see
keys named "last_version" and "version".  I'm guessing that the
"last_version" key is already set to a value sufficiently high that
evolution decides no further importing is necessary.

If you set "last_version" to 1.4.6 and restart evolution it should redo
the import process, though it will probably trash your ~/.evolution
along the way.

Caveat:  I haven't recently tested the above; probably worth backing up
beforehand...

Dave Malcolm