Install information for FC3T2

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 02:45:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:10:06 -0700, James C. Bevier <jim at jbsys.com> wrote:
> After installation the desktop and icons were hosed.
Kde or gnome desktop?

> My biggest problem was with the kernel source.  Where is
> it?  I want to install vmware, but no source is there.  Any solution for
> this?

There is no kernel-source(code) rpm any longer.  Lots of discussion
about that in the devel list. Here's the summary... the kernel rpms
"should" now contain the extra bits to rebuild addon modules against
the binary kernel provided. If you need to rebuild a full kernel tree
from source  you need to download the actual kernel srpm and rebuild
from that. I'm pretty sure ive seen explicit instructions posted on
the devel list or the test list about how to do specific things with
the src.rpm.

-jef