Bittorrent and Download FC3

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Sep 23 02:19:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> Bittorrent has always worked for me. I haven't used it lately because I
> need to change my firewall code to point to a different destination
> machine for the Bittorrent ports, but when I've used it in the past, it
> has been great. I want
>
> It is most likely that you made a mistake in burning your CDs. I think
> most everyone has. I've tossed my fair share of bad CDs too.
>
> Bob
>
> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:17, Gordon McCague wrote:
> > "About the problems ftp'ing FC3 images:  Bittorrent is your
> > friend.  You may not be able to contribute back as much as
> > you downloaded, but every gigabyte of bandwidth helps."
> >
> > I tried Bittorrent first on Linux without success. The disks would not
> > boot correctly. It is certainly possible that I made a mistake in
> > creating the disks but wanted to use tried and true FTP to make sure I
> > had decent files. It appears that the images I received from Limestone
> > are perfect. Now on to the installation!

I have used bittorrent for every FC iso I have downloaded.  (Which has
been more than five so far.)

I have yet to get a bad iso. Every one I have downloaded has had an MD5sum
file to verify the iso before burning.

  md5sum -c MD5SUM

is your friend.

It may be your burning software or some other factor.