FC3T2 NFS install

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 23 08:14:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Mike Chambers wrote:

> Can you do this with the DVD iso if it's the only iso (file for that
> matter) in the nfs dir?
>
> I burned an image with the boot.iso file, booted up and when I try
> to do the nfs install, the dir I have it in says "not a dir tree" or
> something to that affect.  I wanted to see if there was something I
> was doing wrong before downloading the regular 4 .iso's and trying
> again (this always worked for me).
>
> Yes my nfs dir's are mounted and can be accessed.

NFS install works fine for me with FC3t2.  on the install side, i
booted with a boot.iso CD, "linux askmethod", and pointed at the NFS
server and the ISO directory.

on the server side, i had the 4 FC3t2 ISOs in that directory, the
directory (actually, a parent of that directory) was exported, and NFS
was running.  piece of cake.

rday