FC3t2 installer and disk druid

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Sep 23 16:17:45 UTC 2004

Michael Seney <michael_seney at yahoo.com> writes:

> I used DiskDruid on FC3T2 with no problems. I had
> already a Primary NTFS and a FAT32. I deleted my old
> three Debian Partitions and made new ones w/ whatever
> sizes I wanted. Maybe I'm not understanding your
> problem but I don't think you need FDISK.
>
> --- Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:

yeah I do... but my reasons aren't really related to this thread.

Disk druid cannot do this:

fdisk -l /dev/hdc
 [...]
/dev/hdc1             397         996     4819500    5  Extended
/dev/hdc5             397         433      297171   82  Linux swap
/dev/hdc6             434         996     4522266   83  Linux

That is, put the small logical swap partition ahead of the larger
logical partition on hdc6.  when you try to do that it relocates the
smaller partition after the larger thus moving from hdc5 to hdc6.

I wanted a certain pattern here in order to facilitate ghosting
partitions to other machines already laid out.

But even without needing to do that, fdisk is much faster and more
precise than diskdruid.  But of course that is only true for
experienced users.