Bacula dependancy of libc5 --whatprovides no clue

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Sep 23 17:35:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 12:05:16PM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> writes:
>
> > Are you sure that you build that from sources?
>
> No not from `source' but as I said from `*.src.rpm.'

Eh?  Could you explain that subtle difference?  This is akin to
saying "No, I did not build that from sources.  I used
'source.tar.gz' for that."   I have to admit that it escapes me
why differences in packaging are important for you.  Would be
that opposite if you got that as .deb?

> Do you think I could just remove that requires...

I have no idea.  I have not a clue why and how it got there.
If somebody just listed it under 'Requires:' tag and it still
compiles on FC then yes, you indeed can and should.

   Michal