Almost, but not quite there DVD x86_64

Mazli Alias cylon at streamyx.com
Sat Sep 25 09:45:54 UTC 2004

Chuck Adams wrote:

> and I was able to generate a new iso file.  I then used K3b to generate
> a new DVD but it will not boot.  vmlinuz is not uncompressed and then
> the loading process is not started.....  The file system on this DVD,
> when mounted looks
> good but something is missing.   email me direct if you know what I
> did wrong and I'll then repost (if desired) all the necessary steps.
> I don't mind the time or the money......
>

> Chuck Adams, K7QO     CP-60 WPM
> k7qo at commspeed.net
> http://www.qsl.net/k7qo                 Ham Radio Stuff
> http://www.k7qo.net/                     Physics Stuff

i've made some sort of  the same process but i instead remove the /src
directory. It wont boot either..Redhat seemed made dvd differently from
other distros...i once able to make a bootable dvd from a  download tree
of Suse ftp...
1. U can just make bootable .iso from /boot/boot.iso in the dvd and use
it to make an installation that point to your dvd
2. Just like i do...burn with k3b with "allow overburn " under advance
setting. It works...for me