SATA problem.

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 27 00:17:00 UTC 2004

 --- Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 12:17:50AM +0100, DAVID
> BENTLEY wrote:
> > during boot everthing freezes at the point
> ANACONDA or
> > the KERNEL is trying to load a driver for the SATA
> > controller on the motherboard.
>
> Which SATA devices ? You may also need to turn off
> USB legacy support,
> and boot with acpi=off on some E750x to avoid random
> weirdness/hangs (BIOS
> we think)

The SATA controller is a SIL 3112 and is configured in
NON-RAID mode with two HGST 160 gig 7K250 drives.

I will try turning USB legacy support off and boot
with acpi=off and see what happens.

NB just noticed that there is a newer bios 1_10 than I
am currently using (1_09) so I might try a bios update
aswell.