FC3T2 and XComposite

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Wed Sep 29 10:51:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 12:27:34PM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:

> Alexander Volovics wrote:

> >Nvidia and Xcomposite NOT working for me and I will post to bugzilla

> Do not do that! Neither the Xcomposite tool nor the Nvidia driver are
> from us.

I was not going to complain on bugzilla about nvidia bugs, just 'reacting'
to Jeff Spaleta's earlier post.

> >First of all the contortions to get nvidia running......

> And? Blame Nvidia.

I do. I don't even use the nvidia driver. The nv driver is good
enough for me but I wanted to try out the Xcomposite extensions
in xorg-x11 and they certainly do not work with the nv driver,
so I had to install the nvidia driver.

> >Under gnome starting xcompmgr shows almost no effects, ...

> Worksforme...
> Which driver version of nvidia do you have?

The latest, from NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run

Alexander