Kmail 1.7 problem

Tom Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Thu Sep 30 21:33:18 UTC 2004

Hi All:

Kmail 1.7 (Using KDE 3.3.0-2 Red Hat)
Fedora Core 3 test 2
kernel 2.6.8-1.541smp

Since I'm using a test distro I'll also send this to FC-test list.

Once I managed to get the configuration setup correctly the program works fine
as far as up/downloading mail.  The problem I've encountered is in trying to
change the headers view.

Under the 'View' menu, the headers item is grayed out and there is no way to
go into 'Settings-Kmail' and change the type of headers to display (long,
fancy, standard, etc).

To try to bypass this lack, I tried 'Settings-Configure Toolbars', adding
"Show All message headers" and "Show long list of message headers" to the
toolbar.

The first time I clicked on "Show all message headers", it seemed to work
properly, expanding the header list from "long headers" to "all headers".
The problem presents when I clicked on "Show long message headers" and
received a signal 11 (SIGSEGV) message and the program bombed.  I'm attaching
the backtrace log for review.

Ever since that change I have been stuck in the "show all headers" mode.  Any
time I try to change it results in the signal 11 message and the program
bombs.

Should I try reloading just Kmail, all KDE, or ??

Thanks, Tom
--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004