Unable to install macromedia flash player on x86_64 arch

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 01:13:32 UTC 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 9:05 PM, Richard Ramson <rramson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.  The rpm from the above link was
> flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm, but I tried it anyway.  I ran the rpm
> -iv  flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm and it installed OK, see info
> below:
> rpm -iv flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm
> warning: flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature:
> NOKEY, key ID 8df56d05
> Preparing packages for installation...
> flash-plugin-7.0.25-1
> Setup is complete.
> I tried going to a site enabled by flash, (www.orjistylez.com) and the
> site said I need to install flash.  Other sites give the same status.
> Guess I will have to wait for a  64 bit version :(

Uhm... im pretty sure the flash-plugin.. even in rpm form.. requires
some additional setup.
If you did not review and agree to macromedia's license.. the flash
plugin has not been configured yet.  I suggest you review the list of
active plugins enabled in your browser. and if the flash player isnt
listed try following the faq instructions on the macromedia.mplug.org
webpage, a copy of which could be found here
http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/macromedia/faq.html

And... on a 64bit machine.. you will need to make sure the browser you
are using is the 32bit version or your dead in the water regardless.

-jef