The "beauty?" of the nvidia drivers in action

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Tue Apr 5 06:26:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 22:44 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> For fun(?) I decided to test those NVIDIA drivers against the latest
> rawhide kernel and sundry other apps.  Surprise!  no worky.

Works for me, using stock 7174 on a GeforceFX 5600XT. There aren't any
patches for the current release. I suspect the problem is on your end.

[snip]

> Then the final message of Doom:
> Apr  4 22:32:29 localhost gdm[4139]: Failed to start X server several
> times in a short time period; disabling display :0

The last time I got this, I updated my kernel and then booted into that
kernel without going to runlevel 3 first and installing the kernel
module using the -K option (-A has it and the other advanced options).
Did you upgrade your kernel and not rebuild the drivers?

--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net>       GPG Key ID: ED588CF2