XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 16:01:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 09:51 -0600, Justin Conover wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 9:30 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> > >

> > > the xmms in rawhide was actually quite old... i see no evidence that
> > > it was rebuilt with gcc4 yet.
> >
> > right, it wasn't.
> >
> > -sv
> >

> Is there a wiki or anything that explains how the rawhide build system
> works?  Just for usefull info to me and maybe many others.  I just
> want to know how it all works.

The package will only break when you recompile it with gcc4.  So, for
xmms, it was last updated _before_ gcc4 was made the default compiler
for Fedora.  Therefore, if the maintainer were to rebuild it now, since
that gcc4 change, it would break and the maintainer would be forced to
update the package before it could get into rawhide.

Dan