XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Tue Apr 5 16:38:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 08:51, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I take it from this post you are volunteering to be a part of the
> Extras QA team?

IIRC, I started with RH6 and tested every release except FC1.

Unit and link level QA are possible in Extras but those are the
responsibility of maintainers.  System level QA is impossible because
Extras/Devel has still not been fully rebuilt with gcc4/python2.4/etc to
match FC4t1 - despite the passage of several weeks.

Back when the world was young, ten seconds at the command line would
have scheduled all those rebuild jobs.

Then again, there is the problem of packages being removed from Core
with the notion that sometime maybe they'll arrive in Extras.  If Extras
were more than a broken promise, it would be equivalent in all respects
to Core - except not shipped on the Core CD's.

--Mike