Up2date not being maintained any longer?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 7 00:54:25 UTC 2005

Is up2date still getting any attention? This program was busted since
the libssl versions went up to an .so.5 symlink to the libs. The problem
is tht to get the GUI to work, I have to add a package to the exclusions
list in order to be able to have the forward button highlighted for
usage. I can even deselect the specific package added to the exclusion
list and up2date will still work for installing packages.

Several different bugs have been opened regrding this issue. Getting the
forward button to work when you select a program to be instaled from the
exclusion list seems to indicate it would not be too hard to figure out
why the button works when an excluded package is selected, but not if
you never see the excluded package screen.

Jim

--
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away.