Preferences gone from main menu?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:29:30 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 10:09 AM, nodata <fedora at nodata.co.uk> wrote:
> It was more of a usability thing, so I reported it to bugzilla so others
> could follow it if they wanted.
> I find System Settings confusing under Desktop.

And i'm pretty sure the design changes were done to address usability
concerns.. upstream. Usability is one of those things everyone has an
opinion about. No matter what change you make there will be a group of
people who disagree. I encourage to search through upstream list
archives and find discussions about panel and menu layout.

-jef