high temp?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 11 17:25:51 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 07:36, Robbie Foust wrote:
>My laptop also has 1gb of ram, but I would be surprised if that has
>anything to do with how much heat is generated.  The heat on my
> machine is coming from the processor.
>
>Is there a way to get real-time temp readings in linux?  It would be
>interesting to monitor the temp readings while doing processor
> intensive things.
>
>- Robbie

Sure, if you can make it work with your hardware, and occasionally it
works here when the cli program "sensors" doesn't, is "gkrellm",
which sits on your screen near an edge and reports that, and a lot
more stuff if you configure it to do so, all in real time.  My cpu is
currently running at 131.2F for example.  Actually in runs pretty
steady at that because both einstein and seti are running here,
essentially keeping my cpu at 100%, but they are niced at 19, so I
don't feel them in my useage at all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)