FC4T2 install report: trouble with sound, mouse, grub, dual head

Edwin Olson eolson at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 13 01:42:14 UTC 2005

> I was not able to get dual head to work with the 'nv' driver on my
> pair of nvidia cards (one in AGP, one in PCI). Changing to the
> 'nvidia' driver, as I needed to do in FC3, fixed the problem.

I nearly forgot: Compiling/installing the newest nvidia driver initially
failed with (I think) a permission denied error.  'setenforce 0' fixed
the problem. Hopefully this is easy to replicate, because I can't seem
to find a useful log message regarding what happened anywhere.

-Ed