The new GRUB: A useful test!

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Thu Apr 14 03:48:55 UTC 2005

  Whew!  I've been shocked and awed.  Thank goodness.  I hate crow ;-).
The DOS FDISK/MBR approach didn't work because my disks are SCSI and I
don't have the DOS SCSI drivers to see my disks (nor the inclination to
search for them).
  So I tried Mike Bird's suggestion and got lilo installed and rebooted
to be sure that lilo was, in fact, installed in the MBR correctly.  It
was, so I proceeded to the '/sbin/grub-install --recheck /dev/md0' and
lo and behold, the next boot was using grub once again.  This time most
definitely the new grub.  Another time, I'll try a fresh install of
FC4T? (when I'm sure I have everything I need extracted from this
system) with this same raid config and see if it works (which I suspect
will, but that will at least exercise the anaconda code).

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator