FC4 vs. MacMini (PowerPC)

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Thu Apr 14 17:47:28 UTC 2005

> http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html

Thanks for the pointer.  Eventually I booted from Apple DVD
and used Apple Disk Utility to repartition the harddrive into
"3 partitions" (27MB hfs+ Journaled, 1GB free [for swap], and
11GB free [for FC4 root]).  Then I fresh-installed Mac OS X,
got Apple's current updates, then fresh-installed FC4t2.
DiskDruid said there was only 1 Apple_Free partition of 12GB.
I kept going, and took the required detour when DiskDruid said
I had to have an Apple_Bootstrap partition.  Installing FC4t2
succeeded; total time (Apple Disk Util repartition, Mac OS X
install, Mac OS X update, FC4t2 install) was about 2.5 hours,
almost evenly split between Apple and Fedora.