ACPI - How to get Notebook in Standby / Suspend? [SOLVED PARTIALLY]

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Apr 14 20:38:36 UTC 2005

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was searching in several places how i can get my notebook in standby or
> suspend-mode, it supports acpi.
>
> Found some place, where i have to put /proc/acpi/sleep to 1. Doing more
> on that file, it contains:
>
>> S0 S1 S3 S4 S5
>

> How can i get standby/suspending and resuming my notebook with acpi? Do
> you have a nice link?
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

OK, Standby works good, using:

echo -n "standby" > /sys/power/state

Suspend to RAM would be:

echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state

...but this freezes my notebook. Has anybody got this working? Also, you
cannot insert this commands in the battery-applet to easy standby your
computer, it just works in the shell. Is there a hack?

Roger