FC4t2 no good without LILO

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 14 22:30:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 13:37 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:

> Maybe Grub only overwrites the MBR if it's zero.  Maybe Grub only
> overwrites the MBR when no partition is marked active.  Maybe Grub is
> broken on IDE, or on tertiary IDE.  If Redhat would document what
> functionality is supposed to be working, we'd know what sort of bug
> report to file, if any.
>
> Clearly, Grub still isn't reliably doing the job of Lilo, which is
> where
> this all started.

Or maybe you don't have an f'ing clue about GRUB.  GRUB doesn't
overwrite all the bits that lilo does.  It needs far less space.  Just
having 'lilo' somewhere in the head of the disk does not mean that lilo
is in use.  It just means that at one point in time in history, lilo was
on the drive.

Sorry but your test is invalid.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: