FC4t2 no good without LILO

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Apr 14 23:50:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-14-04 at 19:33 -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> Guy Fraser said:
> > On Wed, 2005-13-04 at 20:47 -0400, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 16:49 -0600, Guy Fraser wrote:
> >>

> >> [snip]

> >> I haven't read the rest of your post yet, but here is one problem that
> >> appears possible to narrow down to your usage of grub.  You do NOT need
> >> (as a matter of fact, SHOULDN'T) re-run grub-install
> [snip]
> > If that is true, maybe you could point me to instructions that
> > don't include that step.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/s1-custom-kernel-bootloader.html
> "For GRUB, you do not need to run any commands after modifying the
> configuration file."

I didn't come across that and nobody pointed me to it when I
was trying to get it to work. I know I pasted the commands I
was using along with the system.map and grub.conf files I was
using. Nobody said anything then, which is one of the
complaints people have been having. While reading the
documentation for GRUB Legacy I must have misunderstood, but
it seemed to indicate, that was the way to do it as well.

Is FC4t... still using GRUB Legacy?