Screen corruption using FC4 test 2 with Nvidia driver 7174

jery_wang no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 18 10:53:50 UTC 2005

Hi

I install FC4t2 last night. The installation was Ok and I proceeded
with Nvidia 7174 installation (taken from Nvidia site).

I need to compile the nvidia kernel interface and change the
xorg.conf

I also put /sbin/modprobe nvidia into /etc/rc.local

When booting, I can see the nvidia logo splashing but just before
reaching the gdm login, something really bad happened. The screen
turns corrupted, similar when the monitor is set at wrong refresh
rate and horizontal sync freq. Since the screen is corrupted, I don;t
know what is going on when I pres Alt F1, F7. But Ctrl-Alt-Del reboot
the system.

The system is running fine if I set Driver "nv", but not Driver
"nvidia"

My system:
P4 2.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, ABit (Intel chipset) BE 7
NVIDIA GForce MX 440 with 64MB
Monitor: Compaq V1000 (multi-sync)

Any help??????

--