X11.conf changed since FC3?

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Tue Apr 19 18:25:42 UTC 2005

Has the X11.conf changed between FC3 and FC4 T2?

On my FC3 machine I have an ATI 9200 and on the machine I want to try
FC4 T2 it has only a 32M VIA unichrome (S3) on board. The monitor is a
Samsung  SyncMaster 192N which was properly recognized by FC4 (not FC3)
through a KVM.  The maximum frequency for this LCD is 60Hz.

The install went fine when I set the resolution=1280x1024 but then
wouldn't boot into X.  I modified the some of the settings for the
horizontal and vertical syncing to a) the manual listed settings, and b)
the settings in my FC3 X11.conf

For the resolution, initially there was only 800x600 and 640x480 in the
FC4_T2 X11.conf, so added a "1024x768" resolution.  I haven't tried to
add the 1280x1024 resolution to the conf file yet.

I can boot into single user mode to make these changes but not into X.

I could pick up a cheap 64M ATI Radeon 9250 to see if it works but if I
can avoid it I'd prefer it.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks, Dave

PS: mediacheck failed but install worked great.