fsck.ext3 different?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:59:13 UTC 2005

On 4/20/05, Rajmund Krivec <Rajmund.Krivec at ijs.si> wrote:
> Is it possible that FC2 fsck.ext3 wrill not be able to verify
> the FC4 partitions, and therefore it will not be able to mount
> FC4 partitions into FC2? (Multiboot, cross mounting of user
> areas while transitioning).
>
> FC2 could not boot smoothly while a FC4T2 partition was in
> /etc/fstab.

You can mount partitions without running fsck, though -- just put a
"0" in the last field in /etc/fstab and it'll mount without checking.
This has worked in my experience, but I don't claim to understand all
of the issues and maybe this is just papering over some looming
problem ... but as long as you boot FC4 occasionally, the partition
will still get checked, right?

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,