OT: Flash plug-in not working with Firefox

Mark Taber mark.taber at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 21 15:39:10 UTC 2005

This is my first time participating in testing a new Linux release, so
any advice is welcome.

I have Fedora Core 4 RC 2 installed; despite warnings, I am using it as
my everyday machine now--it's the only way I can do meaningful testing,
by doing meaningful (to me) work.

Part of that work is web browsing.  Java 1.5 plugin works, Adobe Acrobat
7.0 plugin works, but the Flash plugin is not working (perhaps this is,
after all, a small mercy ;)  ).  I get no error messages.  I've tried
installing from within Firefox ("Install Missing Plugins"), as well as
from the Flash site itself.  No joy.

On the upside, music ripping and encoding works, and very well.

Cheers,

Mark Taber
State of California
Department of Finance