Excludes in yum update

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sat Apr 23 20:20:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, William wrote:
> So then I include gnutls-devel in the exclude list and get:
>
> --> Processing Dependency: j2re >= 1.4.1 for package: LimeWire-free
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: j2re >= 1.4.1 is needed by package LimeWire-free
>
> Which I understand this is beta and you probably aren't worried about
> LimeWire-free. Understandable. I did try excluding the package with the
> same results. If I knew how to uninstall in Linux I would remove it.

It is probably package j2re or whatever provides it (try (I think)
rpm -q --whatprovides j2re
to find out) that yum is trying to update, and the LimeWire-free package
says it needs the old version. You will need to exclude this package, and
whatever dependencies that has to get yum to work.

	Michael Young