Netgear WG511 Wireless card with Marvell chip

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 19:49:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 20:28 +0100, Jaap Hoetmer wrote:
> Dan, thanks. Mine's made in China...
> I have tested the DriverLoader wrapper, and that seems
> to work, so I guess it should still be possible to get
> it to work using Ndiswrapper.

It should be, others have reported success.

> I take it from your answer that FC4 will not natively
> support these cards?

Correct; work is ongoing in the prism54 driver to support so-called
"softmac" devices.  That's a ways out though, as its only been going on
for about a month or two.  It will show up in Fedora Core when it shows
up in the upstream kernel version of the prism54 driver.

Dan