rawhide report: 20050426 changes

James C. Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Tue Apr 26 18:14:45 UTC 2005

> kernel-2.6.11-1.1267_FC4
> ------------------------
> * Mon Apr 25 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - Fix x86-64 put_user()
> - Fix serio oops.
> - Fix ipv6_skip_exthdr() invocation causing OOPS.
> - Fix up some permissions on some /proc files.
> - Support PATA drives on Promise SATA. (#147303)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank You! Thank You!

Thanks for the pata support!  I can see my drives now.

It seems the kernel has a couple of Oops.  On startup,
nfsd aborts with something about invalid function name
?nice? in /etc/init.d/services on line 83.  I did not get the
exact message on bootup.

Also in you try to mount a smb filesystem, another Oops
happens and the file system is not mounted.  Df, unmount,
mount just hang after that.

Third, vmware still aborts if you try building.  The last
good kernel was 1253 for me.  I am on Athlon 64
system with Asus K8V-SE deluxe mb.

Jim