FC4 T2 and Dell M70

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:42:06 UTC 2005

On 4/26/05, Jamie Bohr <jamiebohr at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Sound: I used alsamixer and found the speakers in the front of my computer
> are NOT working, I get sounds through the head phones only - very strange.

Check that "external amplifier" is *not* enabled in your mixer --
possibly also check "headphone jack sense". This seems to be a known
issue with many Dell AC97 sound cards (and possibly others?); has
anyone actually bugzilla'd this yet at ALSA?

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,