Lockup with kernel 1267 & AthlonXP 2000

Ken Nordquist ken at geekystuff.net
Wed Apr 27 14:00:08 UTC 2005

Hey Patrick,

I have an AMD 64 3200.  For me, things worked for rawhide updates prior
to and including kernel 1240.  With each successive rawhide update, my
system became more unstable.  Monday's rawhide update rendered my system
useless.  I installed Kanotix (a 32 bit Debian-based distro which sees
my SATA drive) yesterday and I will continue monitoring this list until
the kernel et al becomes more stable(I cannot test what I cannot boot).

The good part is that I was able to see Debian in action.  While it is a
good distro, my distro of choice is still FC.

Regards,

Ken Nordquist