Latest rawhide updates seem to have removed the shutdown option at gdm and gnome logout

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Apr 28 02:11:49 UTC 2005

> On 4/27/05, Gerry Tool <gstool at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I see the same behaviour, but can't answer the other questions.
> > Deliberately making it act this way doesn't seem sensible.
>
> For 'modern' hardware with operational acpi the power button does a
> clean shutdown, so there is an argument to be made for this being a
> forward looking default. I'm not really concerned about arguing about
> default behavior i just want to know how to re-enable it for my older
> hardware as needed and whether or not this needs to be filed if this
> is actually a bug.  If this is an intended change in default behavior,
> I'll let other people light the torches and wave around pitchforks
> while lusting for the sticky sweet blood of developers.  I'll gladly
> settle for learning how to reconfigure options as needed so I can get
> a shutdown back on my gdm login for my older non-acpi hardware.

Jef,

I;m seeing this too.  While GNOME only allows you to logout from a
session (requiring you to log out and then shutdown) I'd be pretty
confident that this is a bug (FC, as I understand it, runs a patch to
add the shutdown and reboot options to the panel menu).

Given that there's no mention of removing shutdown in the change logs
for the most recent build I'd be confident that this is an oops.

R.