up2date wedges

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Apr 29 11:32:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 01:41 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> What problems are you seeing in yum for updates?

Seth,

As a new yum user, I initially thought its inability to update from the
Development directory indicated yum had a problem. Up2date, with which I
was far more familiar, was definitely pronked and spewing python errors
in its wake. Now I know what I was seeing with yum were broken
dependencies and missing signatures in the Development packages, stuff
that's not yum's fault at all.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov