Multiviews Not Booting Correctly With bind-9.3.1-8.FC4

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Aug 9 17:27:43 UTC 2005

I have noticed named does not come up functioning correctly during the
boot process since I rewrote my /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf (and
zone files in /var/named/chroot/var/named) for multiviews. Fortunately,
external resolves are corect, but internal ones are not. Furthermore,
issuing a 'service named stop' or 'service named restart' fails, a ps of
named continues to run. Killing that pid, or a second 'service named
[action]' kills it. Thereafter, starting named with 'service named
start' brings up the multivew resolver correctly and everything
functions correctly henceforth. In other words, the problem is with
starting named during the boot only.

Unless there's some way I could be getting correct behavior after
restarting named--yet have configured things improperly, I suspect
there's a bug relating to use of multiviews under bind.

As is usually my circumstance, I am unable to file a Bugzilla report on
this, so appreciate assistance confirming this, and/or filing a report.
Thanks.

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040
Bringing the Owasys 22C screenless cell phone to the U.S. and Canada. Go to http://www.ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.