ndiswrapper 1.5 [SOLVED]

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 1 13:51:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 11:50 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
[snip]
> ok, got it now working. it is really a pig, like already said. ifconfig
> -a told me later, that there exist a device called wlan0 -
> system-config-network didn't.
>
> so, as a first step, i called it manually with ifconfig wlan0 inet
> [ipadress] netmask [netmask] up -> this worked fine.
>
> afterwards, it was also known in system-config-network, so i could do
> the rest there.

I think I read somewhere that FC4's network scripts have a bit of
trouble handling wlan0. However, you can tell ndiswrapper to use a
different device name. So it is possible to let ndiswrapper call the new
device eth1 instead of wlan0. To make this happen stick this line
in /etc/modprobe.conf:

options ndiswrapper if_name=eth1

Hope this helps.

Regards,